By now, you should have an established connection with the physical reality-‘muldhara’ (see article here) and have established a successful relationship with the sacral chakra (see article here). Now we are moving up to the third chakra which is the last for one’s survival.
This chakra is the solar plexus chakra also called manipura. From the element of earth, water and now to fire, this chakra ignites the fires of our will to burn through resistance in vital life, the entire system pulsating planes of energies to awaken our power, to earn with purpose, to strengthen our will to keep that flame alive through all its trials and tribulation as we burn through life.
What is the meaning of solar plexus?
The third energy center is called solar plexus or manipura meaning sparkling jewel. It is a yellow ten petals lotus blossom and each petal represents the ten pranas which are the currents and energy vibrations.
It is located just below our belly button. When this chakra is balanced and healed, it helps us to wield our own power and attract prosperity and balance and make us happy and be in control of our life.
Here is some more information about Manipura:
- Gemstones/Crystals – Amber, Blue-green turquoise, Blue-green fluorite, Carnelian, Chalcedony, Sunstone
- Essential oils/spices – Black pepper, peppermint, lemon, rosemary, chamomile, lavender, thyme, anise, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric
- Food/Drink – Any yellow, golden or light brown colour foods; granola and grains; dairy products
- Metal – Tin
- Sense – Sight
Why heal and balance the manipura?
It is said that if life energy shifts to this chakra, the person becomes a doer and an achiever. It is important that energy flows harmoniously through the third chakra as one can benefit from self-confidence, feeling safe and secure.
This chakra is where we receive our intuitions – that gut feeling telling us what the spirit already knows. A balanced manipura heals those wounds which the naked eye can never see.
It also helps you to make your mind sharper, improves your intellectual skills and helps to fight against health issues and stomach diseases. As you may have read before, the first three lowermost chakras are the most important for survival.
As such having a well-balanced solar plexus makes you healthier, physically and mentally stronger.
It is important to note that the manipura chakra is a personal power chakra and deals with being confident, being responsible and reliable.
29 Symptoms of an imbalance or blocked Solar Plexus
Firstly, it is good to know what causes the solar plexus to get blocked or weak.
This chakra gets blocked or weak by reactions of our anger, rage, fear, and aggression.
When we hold a lot of negative toxins energy, this chakra gets imbalanced and energies cannot flow thus many problems and issues could arise. It is important to notes that when we hold issues of not paying attention to our instincts, this chakra will not operate at its fullest potential.
If there is an imbalance in the solar plexus or in the manipura, you may experience the following:
- Lack of confidence
- Poor self-esteem
- Feeling of being disempowered
- Lack of sense of purpose
- Lack of energy
- Tyrannical behaviors
- Create negative influence in our lives
- Give up our fighting spirit
- Bring us down to a low life condition
- Small things upset us
- Less productive in our work
- Poor quality of relationships
- Loss of confidence
- Feel nervous
- Feel queasy around your stomach
- Having insatiable greed
- Fear of not being loved
- Fear of becoming ill, or dying
- Stressful situation
- unable to think clearly
- unable to express our thoughts and feeling
A closed or imbalanced manipura or solar plexus could affect the following organs or systems:
- Abdominal pain
- Psychic problem
- Skin diseases
- Cardio-vascular diseases
- Digestive system
12 Crucial tips to heal and balance the third energy center, Manipura or Solar Plexus?
By healing and balancing the third energy center, one achieves self-awareness and self-confidence; other results of a balanced solar plexus are generosity, focus and wellbeing.
To open this energy center we have to let go guilt and feel worthy of the good things in life. The more we begin to cleanse and release ourselves from negative energy the more we begin to open this energy center. The vocal toning of the solar plexus is RAM.
It is important to heal from issues and not carry them to the heart. Below are some tips on how to heal and balance the solar plexus chakra:
- As the Manipura is of color yellow and the element is fire, being out in the sun can make anybody feel good
- Restore a sense of personal power, courage, humility and grace.
- Learning to identify and respond compassionately to our own painful stories is empowering
- Using love to heal fear
- Let go all your fear, your frustration and all your negativity
- Some find it useful to cry, scream, and punch a pillow to release all of the negative emotions! Then take a deep breath and SMILE ☺
- Use affirmations
- Chakra stones can be very helpful when meditating.
- Regular meditation
- Yoga postures like the boat pose and practicing karma yoga.
- Become aware of the deep spiritual qualities of our own nature helps us to act responsibly and move forward with self-initiative, meaning and purpose
- Eat bananas or any yellow foods
44 Benefits of an active and balanced Solar Plexus
Manipura chakra is the most vital energy center for our physical well-being. One is said to attain the supreme goal of consciousness in this lifetime.
The Manipura chakra means “city of jewels” and when life energy flows through this energy center, one can seek for jewels or pearls of clarity, wisdom, or respect.
Below is a list of benefits of a balanced and activated Manipura:
- Being responsible
- feeling more empowered
- Having a sense of purpose
- strength of will
- Being Spontaneous
- Having fun
- Being logical
- feeling of love
- commit to our dreams
- face obstacles
- become more focus
- helps the digestive organs
- balance in life
- Better at controlling our life
- more disciplined
- feel safe and secure
- have more energy to deal with life
- more able to concentrate on work
- make your mind sharper
- improve your intellect
- Help to fight against health and stomach related diseases.
- Become healthier, physically and mentally strong.
- strong sense of who we are and of our place in the world
- feel courageous
- we do not allow our cells to be manipulated
- more able to deal with the vicissitudes of life
20 most important Affirmations to heal this energy center.
- I love and accept myself.
- I stand up for myself.
- I am strong and courageous.
- I am worthy of love, kindness, and respect.
- I choose the best for myself.
- I express myself in a powerful way.
- I am proud of my achievements.
- I honour myself.
- I choose healthy relationships.
- I am authentic.
- I direct my own life.
- I appreciate my strengths.
- I feel my own power.
- I am free to choose in any situation.
- I seek opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I have the power in my life and I use it to achieve my dreams and do what honours me.
- I am able to see all the people in my life- those from the past, from the present, my family, my friends and even my foes.
- I see everyone and everything in a circle of light- a loving and healing light.
- I choose to take back my power from all the people and I lovingly release all feelings of pain that they might have given me. The more I release, the more I love.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Now that you know everything about your survival chakras, we shall discover the other four higher chakras that are related to higher cognitive states. The next article will be about the Heart Chakra.